Privacy is important. MBABC is bound by the provisions of the provincial Personal Information Protection Act and the Association, directors and staff must comply with the requirements of the Act.
The Board of Directors safeguards the privacy of the Association’s information. This includes a commitment to maintain the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of that information. MBABC only collects information necessary to effectively carry out the mission of the Association and to provide professional and competent services to the members, as follows:
* To establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with the members and to provide ongoing service
* To understand member needs
* To develop, enhance, market or provide programs and services
* To manage and develop MBABC’s business and operations
* To meet legal and regulatory requirements
MBABC has appropriate staff and office policies to safeguard sensitive information, and has appointed Debra Hiller, Member Services, as Privacy Officer for the Association. All privacy requests are directed to the executive officer for appropriate action.